Edbert.Net home

67 GTA home

I spent many hours with a wire wheel in my grinder, and used more than a couple of cans of Aircraft stripper to get all of the paint off of the surfaces I intended to paint.

There were about two coats on top of the factory paint and the factory primer.

I used some 600 grit paper and insured the surfaces were smooth before applying Krylon black primer.

The doors did not get the paper treatment, I did not want to lose any more of the crinkle finish than was already lost.

A couple of light coats of primer followed by more than a couple of light coats of Metallic grey semi gloss were then applied at one hour intervals on a warm sunny day.

This and the next three pictures show the smooth and shiny new paint.